Selecting the right wig for yourself.
Selecting the right wig can be a very difficult decision. There are many different choices of colours, styles, brands and wig types available in the market. However, before making the final decision people need to know the difference between human hair wigs and synthetic wigs.
What is the difference between synthetic and human hair wigs?
Human hair wigs are made with natural harvested human hair. Natural wigs are as natural as your hair, they feel, act and look like your own hair. Whereas, the synthetic wigs are created by the fibres using special technology to give an overall natural feel to the wig.
1. Natural Hair Wig:
When buying a human hair wig it is important to consider the best choices available (that is why, we only sell human hair wigs from the highest quality of brands such as Janet Collection, Model Model & Bobbi Boss). Just like another wig, human hair wigs also have many advantages and disadvantages.
Here are some of the pros and cons of human hair wigs:
- Human hair wigs come in many different textures, making it easy for buyers to buy a wig that matches the texture of their own hair.
- Natural hair wigs can be coloured and styled just like your own hair, however, it is best to take the wig to the hairstylist if you want to change the style of the wig.
- Human hair wigs can last longer compared to synthetic wigs. If the wig is used daily and properly cared for, it could last longer than a year.
- Natural hair wigs need to be highly maintained, just like your own hair. They need to be washed, conditioned and re-styled very often.
- The natural hair wig colours can fade away much fast if they are exposed to the light.
- Human hair wigs are very expensive compared to the synthetic wigs, they also require more time and skills in restyling.
2. Synthetic Wigs:
There are many misconceptions about synthetic wigs not being as high quality as the human hair wigs which in many cases isn’t true. There are many synthetic wigs which are the same quality as the human hair wigs. They might not be lost as long compared with natural hair wigs but they do tend to be very high-quality wigs.
Here are some advantages and disadvantages:
- Synthetic wigs are very easy to take care of. As synthetic wigs are known as style retention, which means you will not have to style them. After washing the wig just shake it and it will go back to the same style.
- One of the main advantage with the synthetic wig is that, the colour of the wig will last longer than human hair wigs. You can select as many colours as you want with synthetic wigs.
- High-quality synthetic wigs can also give 100% natural look just like human hair wigs. They will not require high maintenance like human hair wigs.
- One of the disadvantages of a synthetic wig is that it will not last long like human hair wigs. Human hair wigs normally last for one year or more, whereas, the synthetic wig will only last for up to 3-6 months.
- You cannot straighten or curl the synthetic wig with heated styling tools, as they are not heat friendly.
- Synthetic wig cannot be coloured since the original wig colour will not adhere to the fibres and synthetic wigs have unnatural shine which cannot be hidden by the colouring as well.
Let us know what type of wigs you prefer to use?
Make sure to check out our human hair wigs and synthetic wigs – we have a variety for you to choose from.